Pages

Oct 17, 2009

Day 17: October 17th, 2009 - - Proverbs 15:13

“POINTS TO PONDER” – Day 17Written by M. Hall
Please feel free to agree or disagree with points made, and feel free to comment if so desired. If you would like, you could write your own thoughts on the verse of the day, and include that in your own comments below. Thank you and may you be blessed!! =)
“Happiness makes a person smile, but sadness can break a person's spirit.” Proverbs 15:13

According to Wikipedia, here is the definition of happiness. ‘Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or
joy. Did you know that it takes more muscles to frown then it does to smile? Happiness is not just having a smile on your face it’s actually feeling happy and content. How does one feel happy and content in a world of sadness, despair, and discouragement? It’s simple, have the joy of the Lord, for it is your strength. Joy is more than just having happiness though.

“Some people spread happiness wherever they go, and some whenever they go” is an interesting quote by Oscar Wilde. I believe it is a choice. It is definitely a state of mind, but it’s also a mindset. You have to physically and mentally change your mind to happy. Feelings do come, and feelings do go, but in essence, we have to choose how to feel. God has given us all feelings, but to some, he made their hearts more open to other’s feelings. Empathy is seldom found in the world anymore. Putting other’s feelings above your own, and comforting others in their time of need. Some people spread joy and happiness wherever they go. I choose to try and do this. Some people have mentioned to me on several occasions that it’s hard not to smile when I am around. Some family members and friends have called me ‘a breath of fresh air’, which I don’t take lightly or boast about. I am not boasting in saying that I am usually a happy person and like to share that happiness with everyone. I also have the JOY of the Lord in my Spirit, so I can be happy in most circumstances. When I get angry or emotionally stressed, I find myself getting frustrated at myself more than anything, because I allow my heart, mind and spirit to lose that feeling of happiness. But, I never lose the JOY!

Today’s verse says, ‘Sadness can break a person’s spirit’. Anger and sadness try to creep their little selves into our minds, spirits and hearts. When we allow them to creep in and ‘make a home’, that’s when things like depression set in as well. There is a verse in the Bible that talks about demons, and when anger & sadness get a hold of you, they are a form of demonic power that satan has over your life, and it brings more trouble like depression, and then that brings more trouble. "When an evil spirit comes out of a person, it travels through dry places, looking for a place to rest, but it doesn't find it. So the spirit says, 'I will go back to the house I left.' When the spirit comes back, it finds the house still empty, swept clean, and made neat. Then the evil spirit goes out and brings seven other spirits even more evil than it is, and they go in and live there. So the person has even more trouble than before. It is the same way with the evil people who live today." (Matthew 12:43-45 NCV) I stated above that I lose the feeling of happiness, because it is that, just a feeling. But I never lose the JOY, because I still have Jesus in my heart, and He is my peace. His joy is truly my strength, and I can use that supernatural strength to push away those feelings of stress, anger, sadness, frustration & defeat. The verse above found in Matthew, says just that, when you allow anger and sadness to live in your heart, and then ‘clean house’ and you get rid of them. You need to fill that ‘empty clean house’ with something else, like Jesus. He is the only thing that can fill that God-shaped void. It’s good to make your heart, and life ‘clean and neat’, but if you leave it empty, then those evil spirits can come back, and see it empty and go get more spirits to come and fill you. Who wants a life like that? Not me!

Are you experiencing sadness right now? Anger? Jealousy? Depression? Do you find it breaking your spirit? Take a stand! Get strength to fight! Not of your own power, but supernatural power that can help you achieve victory over your situations! If you have a relationship with Jesus, then it’s a little easier for you to grab a hold of that power. However, if you do not have that JOY that I spoke of, then you have just an additional step. ASK HIM IN TODAY! He is standing at your heart’s door, just waiting to come in, and help you ‘clean house’. He will fill that empty God-shaped void that’s inside. There is another quote that comes to mind about having faith in God, and the door to your heart. “Fear knocked. Faith answered. No one was there.” WOW! Powerful quote eh? I just read on a blog, that FEAR can be summed up into an acronym, F.E.A.R. - 'False Evidence Appearing Real'. So cool! WOW! God is sooooo amazing! We truly need to take Him at His Word. His Words will never return void. The words to a song are now coming to mind, 'I Walk by Faith' from my youth group days. (see YOU TUBE videos following the prayer below)

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, the giver of JOY and happiness, we thank you for your love and faithfulness. We need only walk in faith to believe that You will do the things You say You will do. God, I thank you that You are healing us as we read/say this prayer, and ‘cleaning house’. Father, I accept that I am a sinner, and know that I have done, and will do more wrongs in my life. However I believe that You sent Your Son Jesus into this world to die for our sins. I believe that He rose again, and sits with You in Heavenly places, and that He will return one day for His bride. God I also believe in the Holy Spirit and the power He gives, which also gives me JOY. I thank you that the JOY of the Lord is my strength. Help us be over-comers today! Lord, I thank you that You are who You say You are, and You will and can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we think or ask. Jesus, come in and fill the God-shaped void in my life, and help me to have the faith to scare off the devil when he knocks at my door. I pray a blessing on each person who is praying/reading this right now. In JESUS’ name, AMEN!


Here's a YOU TUBE video of the song by Maranatha singers... 'No weapon formed against me shall prosper... If my God is for me, tell me who can be against me.'




Here's another "walk by faith" song by Jeremy Camp! AWESOME!! =) 'I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see'.




Be blessed, and be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!