Pages

Oct 13, 2009

Day 11: October 11th, 2009 - - Psalm 139:13-14 NCV






“POINTS TO PONDER” – Day 11
Written by M. Hall
Please feel free to agree or disagree with points made, and feel free to comment if so desired. If you would like, you could write your own thoughts on the verse of the day, and include that in your own comments below. Thank you and may you be blessed!! =)

“You made my whole being; You formed me in my mother's body. I praise You because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.” Psalm 139:13-14 N.C.V.
HaPpY BiRtHdAy to Me!
Well, today is one of my favourite days in the year, the day to celebrate the day that I was born. I enjoy birthdays, because life is not a matter of counting years, it’s a matter of making years count. It’s a day to celebrate being alive, and to thank God for creating me. I think it is so cool that God knew me in my Mommy’s womb. Just another verse to prove, that a baby is a baby at conception.

I do praise the Lord for making me, and I know that I was indeed a miracle baby, although I think each baby’s birth is a miracle in itself. I love the family that My Father created me to be a part of. I know that God has made me wonderful, and that is not an ego boosting or prideful thing to say. We need to change our mindset to remember that God is the One to tell us who we are, what we look like, not man. We need to stop listening to man, when kids in school tease us for our looks, or our brains. God has made everything amazing and wonderful and we are created in His image. That is an amazing thing right there. In the NIV translation, it says, ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’. God took time to make each one of us, to put in qualities, characteristics, features, charm, personality, ethnicity, likes & dislikes, and more. He even knows how many hairs are on my head, which is still unbelievable to me. It’s not that I don’t believe it, but its hard to imagine - - so I guess it would be unimaginable to me, God is so BIG, and He still cares enough for EACH person He created, whether we choose to love Him or not. I am soooooo glad that I chose to love Him, and I am so glad that He chose me, and that I chose to be chosen!
What a blessed time to have a birthday, at Thanksgiving time; A time to be with friends and family, and to appreciate life in its fullness, a time to ponder all the things that the Lord has brought us to, and through, and will continue to do. I am so thankful to have my extended family as well, thanks to God for bringing Mark and I together. The love my family and my extended family have for each other and for the Lord is exciting. We just have to pray harder for the rest of our family and friends, who have not come to understand that JOY. You can have the JOY, when you put Jesus first, then Others, and then You.

I pray that you had a blessed Thanksgiving Weekend (if you are Canadian), or a blessed Columbus Day Weekend (if you are American), or a blessed October 11th, 12th & 13th, 2009 (for those who live elsewhere)

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus I thank you for my friends and family that You have given to me. Again I pray, bless my family and friends, and “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” (Prayer of Jabez - - 1 Chronicles 4:9-11) Help us be remindful of the fact that You created us in our mother’s womb for a purpose, for such a time as this. Help us remember Your words, that we are wonderfully made, and not ugly, or stupid, or worthless. We are beautiful, intelligent, and very precious in Your sight. Guide us in the way that we should go, and help us teach and train others to view themselves as wonderful too! Allow Your Holy Spirit to guide our mind and thoughts, to higher things, not earthly things. Thank You Lord. I ask all these things in the precious name of Your Son Jesus, AMEN.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!