Pages

Oct 15, 2009

Day 14: October 14th, 2009 - - Psalm 23 pt2 "The Lord is my Shepherd"

“POINTS TO PONDER” – Day 14
Written by M. Hall
Please feel free to agree or disagree with points made, and feel free to comment if so desired. If you would like, you could write your own thoughts on the verse of the day, and include that in your own comments below. Thank you and may you be blessed!! =)

(Continuation from DAY 13)

“The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water.He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right for the good of his name. Even if I walk through a very dark valley, I will not be afraid, because you are with me. Your rod and your shepherd's staff comfort me. You prepare a meal for me in front of my enemies. You pour oil of blessing on my head; you fill my cup to overflowing. Surely your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.”
Psalm 23:1-6


The next part of the verse says, “You prepare a meal for me in front of my enemies.”YAY! I don’t know about you, but this excites me. Actually I was being sarcastic at first, but somehow I am also serious at the same time. God has created me to love challenges, I don’t know how, and I don’t know why for certain, but I have realized the fact and have accepted the challenge. ‘Enemies’ are not always just the devil or his demons, although we are wrestling against spiritual forces, and not things of the flesh. A sheep’s enemy is usually a predator, another animal which thinks it is more powerful than it is. (which in most case is true, as the sheep is pretty weak) However, as we have discovered we are not flying under the radar with our own strength. We have the strength of the King! We have the Shepherd on our side. This is why the Shepherd can usually defeat the predator such as a bear or a lion. These animals (or other people in our lives) try to make the sheep feel inferior or stupid. They want the sheep to feel unworthy, and helpless, so that they will be weak enough to attack. There are people like that in this world unfortunately, and you need to take a stand in the power & authority that you have through Jesus Christ, You need to plead the blood of Jesus over yourself, and your family EACH day. His blood covers and cleanses, and changes us.

The Father gave His Son, and His shed blood has cleansing power. However He also gave us the power through the Holy Spirit. The oil represents anointing of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 1:8, it says “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you - -.” This leads us to the last part of the verse in Psalm 23, “You pour oil of blessing on my head; you fill my cup to overflowing. Surely your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.” I thank the Lord for His goodness and love daily, or at least I try to. I try to be an example for the children that I teach, that they will see the love I have for the Lord, and want to have that same relationship. I am so happy that I have the promise to live in the house of the Lord forever, if I obey His commands and live according to His will. Praise the Lord our Shepherd! I wanna’ be a sheep, how about you???

It reminds me of a kids song we sing usually at Christmas, “I just wanna’ be a sheep” I wonder if that song is on YOU TUBE somewhere - - - I guess I can add it if I find it, because here in Ontario we got some snow tonight… so that makes me think of Christmas! LOL!




PRAYER: Oh God, our Shepherd thank you for calling us to be sheep. We love being a part of your ‘flock’. Help us to take this Psalm to heart, and to truly hear what You are saying to us. Thank You most of all, for giving of Your sacrificial lamb, Your Son Jesus. He paid a price He did not owe, and we owed a price we could not pay. Lord I pray that you will help us live by the power of Your Holy Spirit, and stop trying to do things in our own power. I praise you Lord that I may dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Bless my brothers and sisters in the faith, and bless those who have yet to make that decision to take You as their Shepherd and follow you throughout their lives. Continue to keep us safe in your loving and disciplining arms. Help us to not be afraid of troubles that come, nor to be afraid of those times in the valley or the times where You must use Your rod to refine us. We praise you and honour You Lord, and we pray all these things in the powerful name of Your Son Jesus, AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!