Pages

Feb 24, 2011

"When Your Courage is Tested"

DAY# 55 - 'A Woman of Faith' Devotional
Verse: "But Moses said to the people, 'Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord'." Exodus 14:13 NASB

The words to the song 'God on the Mountain' (as seen on the Gaither videos) are filling my mind, "For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, He'll make it right. And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night." (Words & music by Tracy G. Dartt)

When times of testing, trial, discouragement, or disappointment come we are still to look to our God in Heaven and trust Him at all times. We may be faithful believers, or dedicated Christians but we will all face tribulations of some kind. God however promises to be with us during those times too. He IS all we need. When our courage turns into fear, weakness or discourage we need to remember that Jesus Himself has won the victory... and in the end, we are the victors too. Check the end of the Bible -- we win! So why fear the devil and his demons??  God rules both the mountain-top experiences and the ones where we are stuck in the valley, or even the wilderness. He leads us to green pastures to refresh ourselves. "The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[the valley of the shadow of death] I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23 NIV)

"As I have grown in faith and confidence, I have known more and more that my worth is based on the love of God." ~ Leslie Williams

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!