Pages

Feb 18, 2011

"Genuine Peace"

DAY #49 - 'A Woman of Faith' Devotional
Verse: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; be be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NKJV

"Peace, peace, wonderful peace, coming down from the Father above. Sweep over my spirit forever I pray. In fathomless billows of love..." Words of an old hymn play in my mind when I think of genuine peace. It is not peace that the world gives, as in 'peace & love man' or just not having war or troubles. Genuine peace is having a calmness and rest, and joy in your spirit in midst of a storm, troubles or war. It says above '...you WILL have tribulation.' When some people become a Christian, or want to become a Christian they think that Christian living will be all happiness and bliss; no troubles or tribulations anymore. Well, as you can read in Scripture, there will still be troubles and tribulations, but the Lord can and will deliver us from them all. He never gives us more than we can handle (with His strength, not our own). We need to remember that part, that we cannot do much in our own strength, but through God nothing is impossible to him that believes. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) We need to start declaring Scriptures like this when troubles come, say it today 'I CAN do ALL things, through CHRIST who strengthens me.' When I learned this verse, (and when I teach this verse as memory work or a song) we were asked (or I ask the children) 'how many things can you do?' and we (they) reply (replied) 'ALL things'. We do need to remind ourselves that NOTHING is too BIG for God to handle. Our problems compared to God are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.

Another thought when the word 'peace' is brought up is a cute little song from 'The Music Machine' (Agapeland Music) called 'Peace'. The chorus says, "...peace, peace, I think I understand. Peace, Peace is holding Jesus' hand."


From Music Machine - The Fruit of the Spirit (Available with full CD)

Peace is when the wind stops blowing
Peace is where the sun is showing
Knowing that my Daddy's home
God gives me peace

Peace, peace
I think I understand
Peace, peace
Is holding Jesus' hand

Peace is when I'm tucked in bed
When my mommy pats my head
Peace is smiling while I sleep
God gives me peace

Peace, peace
I think I understand
Peace, peace
Is holding Jesus' hand


Written by Wayne Zeitner
©Copyright 1977 Sparrow Song (a div. of EMI Christian Music Publishing)
(Admin. by BMG Music Publishing) Careers-BMG Music Publishing, Inc. (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)
(Admin. by BMG Music Publishing) Candle Company Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)
(Admin. by BMG Music Publishing)
CCLI Number: 92000

So when troubles come (which they most likely may) just reach out and 'hold Jesus' hand' and he will be with you and bring you through it and grant you the 'genuine peace' that is spoken of in the Word of God. Claim the inner peace which is yours, keep smiling amidst a storm, laugh in the face of the devil (well not literally in his face) and start claiming some (or all) of the blessings and promises found in the Bible. It is a living and active thing - it's not just a book on your shelf or in the drawer of a hotel.

In John 14:27 Jesus says, 'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!