Pages

Jan 18, 2011

"Perseverance & Prayer"

Day #17 - 'A Woman of Faith' Devotional
Verse: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Ok, so I get it God... pretty funny. I've let myself become 'weary' and haven't kept up with the devotionals... I know that the work I do for the Lord will reap a harvest, and I don't plan on giving up. I am just sooo thankful that my job and some of the ministry work that I do, and some of my gifts and talents, I am just soooo blessed to have them all flow together. I love people, I love children, I love Jesus... and I love being able to share Jesus with people and children... that's my job... and yep, I get paid for it! LOL! :D

Unfortunately, today (the actual 17th) was Day #6 of being stuck inside a building full of stale air and airborne sicknesses, coughing, flus and boogers... oh let me not forget poop. LOL! However, with all those infirmities, add a bunch of screaming children all under the age of 6, who've been stuck inside for 6 days, for sometimes more than 8 hours a day... can you picture this joyous scene with me??? Doesn't it just bring a smile to your face?? Well it might yours, as you can be thankful that you weren't there... but really it does to me as well. If daycare was all perfect with no booger wiping, no runny diarrhea changing, no 'silly' behaviours, no 'chairs being thrown at teachers', no biting, no whining, no complaining... and lots of happy, sharing, kind, sweet children... it wouldn't be fun. Now, I'm not complaining as it is my job, and that's all part of it... but also for me, challenges are good... trials are good... we have to work through them to learn. What we are doing is 'good work'. We are in a Christian daycare centre, and we are to be sharing the love of Jesus with the children and their families... we must "NOT become weary in 'doing good'." (today's verse) At the proper time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up. I am soooo looking forward to reaping that harvest... now I might not get the chance to do the actual reaping... but I have sown a lot of good seed, and done a lot of good watering as well... and well I've been a part of a few 'harvests' as well. Thank the Lord, that the lessons we teach will come back to the remembrance of the children who have been in the care of FDN at one time or another. I pray for each family represented by the children who have walked in and out of those doors. God will reach out to them, and they WILL reach out to Him!

What about YOU in your job or your ministry? Are you tired of 'doing good'? Are you not seeing fruit harvested? Did you know that others may be watering and harvesting the seeds you've sown even many years ago? Did you know that YOU might be the result of someone's 'doing good' and sowing good seed. Someone sowed, watered and harvested your soul for the Kingdom... or are you still in the growing process...?? It's ok... wherever you stand today. But know that YOU are just meant to be YOU. There's nobody else who could do it better. If there was a golden globe for playing the part of YOU... you would get it! Why be a 2nd rate Wayne Gretzsky or Justin Bieber when you can be a 1st rate YOU??

But are you really growing tired? Are you discouraged or feeling plain ol' blah? Let the WORD of God renew your mind, heart and spirit today! "Are you tired? Ask God for strength. Are you discouraged? Believe in His promises. Are you defeated? Pray as if everything depended upon God, and work as if everything depended on you. And finally, have faith that you play an important role in God's great plan for mankind -- because YOU DO!" ('A Woman of Faith' Devotional. Day 13. ©2007 Freeman-Smith, LLC. Nashville, TN. 37202)

So what can you be busy doing? Don't become discouraged if you don't see an answer right away... God is at work!

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!