Pages

Jan 8, 2011

"Faith That Works"

DAY #8 - "A Woman of Faith" Devotional
Verse: "For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'" Romans 1:17 NIV
Faith that works... something we all have access to, yet don't always use. I was actually thinking about this thought earlier this week. We all say that we have faith, we know that God can do what He says He will do, yet when we walk through life, or trials, or even just down a dark street alone our faith is tested. We face a 'trial' of some kind and immediately say 'God help me', as if He is not already there helping us or protecting us. We shouldn't even be walking in the minute amount of fear that makes us have to pray for protection or help in times of trouble. Sometimes there isn't even trouble brewing, you might just be walking down a street at night alone (well technically not alone) thinking of the things that may happen, as this world is not as clean and safe as it once was. This infact was me, during a walk this week... I don't mind walking alone, yet in the back of my head are all the stories of deaths, rapes, stealings, molestations, kidnappings, etc that happen in our neighbourhood alone. But also in my head and heart are the promises that ring true in the Bible. God has commanded his angels to protect me in all that I do, that I may not trip or even stumble on a stone. (Psalm 91:11-13 NIV says, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.") He also says, 'no weapon formed against me shall prosper'. ("no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me..." Isaiah 54:17) -- these are the TRUTHS that I (and YOU) should be holding on to (and yes there are many more promises in His Word). I should just be thanking God for fulfilling His promises in my life, and walking through the 'storms' into victory. Why do we let even a minute or small amount of doubt to step in? We need to live by faith and not by sight! Because there are stories told of angelic experiences, and I have kept those in my mind & pondered them in my heart, especially in situations like the above (where it's just a simple walk in a 'dark' neighbourhood, past somewhat normal neighbourhood people). I remember a story I once heard of a young girl who was walking somewhere, and there was a gang or a couple of bad guys, and she was nervous about walking through them, however she did and nothing happened to her. But then later she heard of an attack on a young girl or something... and she somehow ended up seeing the 'accused' somewhere, and she asked them why they didn't bother her, and they wondered why she was asking, because she had a really big guy walking with her, so of course they would have left her alone. (paraphrased obviously, as I heard the story when I was much younger, but it has always stayed with me.)

We always need to walk our our faith, be FAITH in action! There is a verse in the Bible that says, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." (James 2:17 NIV) Basically again, we cannot talk the talk without truly walking the walk.

Remember that God does command His angels concerning you... and YOU are important to Him! Pray a HEDGE of protection over you and your family/friends/co-workers, etc...

Be Blessed & Be a Blessing!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!