Pages

May 31, 2011

"Who Deserves the Credit?"

Day # 150 - (WEHOO!) 'A Woman of Faith' Devotional
Verse: "But God, who comforts the humble, comforted us..." 2 Corinthians 7:6 HCSB

I love it whenever it says 'but God...', it shows we were, for examplein this case, lost in sin and conflict, and there was no way out... BUT GOD... Wow! Thank you Lord, for You do deserve the credit. BUT God, He always intervenes, as He doesn't want to see us lost. He is the God of 2nd chances for sure, BUT we don't always take them unfortunately!

'Give credit where credit is due.' An old saying, that proves true for Papa God. Everything I do (to be praised for) is from the Father, so I try to continually give the praise back to Him. When asked where I got my talent, my Mom always used to say 'from her father', and then she would say 'her heavenly Father'. I have kept that 'slogan' and have been quick to thank the Lord for the MANY talents He has give to me. For sure I know that God comforts the humble, but in another verse it says that God gives grace to the humble. "God opposes the proud but favors the humble. So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:6-7 NLT He gives grace to those who are humble enough to receive it!


...to be continued! <3

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!