Pages

Apr 20, 2011

"His Comforting Hand"

Day #110 - 'A Woman of Faith' Devotional
Verse: "When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy." Psalm 94:19 HCSB

Well today is a day of NEW BEGINNINGS, and I am excited, yet anxious about entering into the joys & challenges of the day. But knowing that God is on my side, and His comforting hand is upon my life I can take on any challenges the world has to offer. For I do remember that "...we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" and "therefore [I will] take up the whole armor of God, that [I] may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." (Ephesians 6:12-13 NKJV)


Looking at the whole chapter of Psalm 94, and not just the 19th verse, God is reminding us that He is there. He sees what the evil of the world are doing, those who are led astray by the wiles of the enemy. They brag and boast because it seems as they are not receiving the punishment so deserved, but God sees & hears the truth. Even in cases where we are tested or challenged, and in times of discipline or correction, trouble or misruled. He is there to comfort us amidst our storm, 'providing a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil' for us. He will see that justice is brought forth, He protects His innocent & precious people. 'Can Troublemaker pretend to be on [His] side'?? The truth will be made known, and the truth will set us free! “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31b & 32) Jesus is the TRUTH, and He shall be made known to the world through the gospel and our lives as an example.

Here's Psalm 94 (below)... read and remember that the Lord is on your side if you are a true believer and 'real' follower of Christ. Be blessed & thank Him today as you walk through the clamor of evil, and remember that He will place you in a circle of quiet, as He gives peace that passes all understanding. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)




"Psalm 94 - God, put an end to evil; avenging God, show your colors! Judge of the earth, take your stand; throw the book at the arrogant. God, the wicked get away with murder— how long will you let this go on? They brag and boast and crow about their crimes! They walk all over your people, God, exploit and abuse your precious people. They take out anyone who gets in their way; if they can't use them, they kill them. They think, 'God isn't looking, Jacob's God is out to lunch.' Well, think again, you idiots, fools—how long before you get smart? Do you think Ear-Maker doesn't hear, Eye-Shaper doesn't see? Do you think the trainer of nations doesn't correct, the teacher of Adam doesn't know? God knows, all right— knows your stupidity, sees your shallowness. How blessed the man you train, God, the woman you instruct in your Word, Providing a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil, while a jail is being built for the wicked. God will never walk away from his people, never desert his precious people.
Rest assured that justice is on its way and every good heart put right. Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling,"

your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself,

you calmed me down and cheered me up.  Can Misrule have anything in common with you? Can Troublemaker pretend to be on your side? They ganged up on good people,

plotted behind the backs of the innocent. But God became my hideout, God was my high mountain retreat, Then boomeranged their evil back on them: for their evil ways he wiped them out, our God cleaned them out for good. "
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8 (NKJV)

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!