Pages

Apr 28, 2020

DRAW NEAR: Week 1 Monday - The Heavens declare His glory!

     On April 13th, 2020 our Faith Tabernacle Ladies Group started a Women's Online Bible Study Group on Facebook and we are blessed to study along with a devotional created by LOVE GOD GREATLY (visit their website to learn more about them HERE). (Link opens in new window) We are following along together with the Study DRAW NEAR! In this Study we are encouraged to use the SOAP methid oof Bible Study. SOAP being, Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer. Now I added a second page to my SOAPing, and add additional Scriptures or pictures or thoughts that come to mind. For now I have to do it all on the computer as I can't print from home right now. We are now on Week 3, and I am gleaning so much from Holy Spirit and from the other ladies and their revelations, interpretations, wisdom and growth as well.  So I figured I would share my insights here on my blog as well in hopes that others may glean from it too! I do NOT know who sees this blog or who reads it. I haven't been faithfully posting, so my followers have probably dwindled. LOL! But for now, here we go...  I have a lot to copy and paste... LOL! Thanks for reading and feel free to comment below and add your own thoughts and revelations if you read the verses too. Be blessed.

TODAY'S VERSES to READ: Psalm 19:1-3 (our weekly memory verse) and PSALM 33:6-9
SOAP Verse: Psalm 19:1-3

PSALM 19: 1-3 NLT "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak;  night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard."

PSALM 33:6-9 NLT "The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born. He assigned the sea its boundaries and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs. Let the whole world fear the Lordand let everyone stand in awe of him. For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command."

Here are some of my notes...

God is soooo good. Well of course when I read the Scripture, the song "I Will Do the Same" came flooding into my head... and as I think of the skies and the heaven (and all of creation really) all consistently doing what they are created to do... and without sound. If "I will do the same"... then I have to display God's craftsmanship (I used the NLT translation)... and as a crafter that word has always stick out to me. The craftsmanship of God...

I am someone who LOVES life application... (and I have used the SOAP method before). Just as I am writing this, I am reminded of an object lesson I learned as a young girl (and have used the same lesson again and again to teach as well) using a needlepoint/embroidery creation. We were shown the beautiful design on the front and how our lives are like this on the hands of the Creator... but sometimes our lives can be "messy" and they flipped it over and showed the back side of the embroidery design full of yarn/thread and knots and mixed up colors. We don't display that side... same as we are to display the handiwork or craftsmanship of God. We still have troubles or trials or storms, but in the hands of the Creator we glorify Him! 
i also LOVE watching sunrises and sunsets... the promise of a new day and the hope for tomorrow... The skies proclaim God's glory and we should too! I WILL DO THE SAME!


BE BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!