Pages

Aug 2, 2015

He Washes me with Super S.O.A.P...



So I've been slacking a little with my devotions, and 'quality' quiet times with God... (& clearly haven't posted a blog for almost a year)... so I've been googling and Pinning different NEW and FRESH ideas on Pinterest. Checking out different devotionals, etc and came across the S.O.A.P. method. Now the idea itself isn't NEW to me, as I always try to apply what I read. Even when I teach, it needs a purpose, a way it can be applied to our lives; something that can be lived out! But it was a FUN way to jump back in faithfully...

So, for my first S.O.A.P.box Study...
S stands for SCRIPTURE... You choose a Scripture (or Holy Spirit leads you to one). I chose/was lead to a verse found in 2 JOHN 1:8&9 NLT. (I am loving the NLT version.) "Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked so hard to achieve. Be diligent so that you receive your full reward. Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has a relationship with both the Father & the Son." I don't remember reading or studying or meditating on this verse before. So it was a good one to start with especially once I read it, as I am stepping forward in becoming more diligent and faithful in my relationship with GOD!

O stands for OBSERVATION... Write down any observations that you make from the Scripture you read. Since I haven't studied this verse before, Holy Spirit gave revelation as I read it.
* Everyone can lose salvation, faith and our relationship with God the Father, the Son (& Holy Spirit).
* We need to remain FAITHFUL and DILIGENT to receive our REWARD in Heaven.
* We need to remain in the TRUTH, and the teaching we have learned.
* Do NOT be deceived!
* Do NOT wander away from the teaching of God's Word!

A stands for APPLICATION... Now you take the Scripture (the TRUTH) and your Observations (Your interpretation of the TRUTH) and APPLY it to your life.

*Remain FAITHFUL & DILIGENT so that we don't lose any of the GOOD that the Father has for us. Keep our relationship STRONG!

P stands for PRAYER... Now putting it all together, you make a prayer to GOD, reflecting on each of the above and how He can help you APPLY what you OBSERVED from the SCRIPTURE! A cleansing S.O.A.P. where God can make you NEW as you grow in your relationship with Him! Talk to God like you are talking to your Best Friend ('cause really He is just that)!

*Thank you Lord that You remain faithful in those times when we feel unfaithful. Help us to remain diligent and faithful in our relationship with You. Keep us strong and give us more/greater discernment spiritually so that we will not be deceived and that we will receive that which You have promised. I will SPEAK THE TRUTH! LIVE THE TRUTH! SHARE THE TRUTH! In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

Now as well in my studies I also love LEXICONS or word studies... The Greek or Hebrew meaning behind words. For this one I just chose FAITHFUL and DILIGENT...

FAITHFUL: Pistos (Greek) -- Trustworthy, faithful, reliable, believing, loyalty to faith, fullness of faith. Steadfast!

DILIGENT: Charuts (Greek) -- Diligent & Sharp; Conscientious hard work and perseverance, particularly with regard to a relationship with God. In Scripture diligence is highly commended.

Be blessed to be a blessing!! Why not take your own 'BATH' with Jesus, and use S.O.A.P. in your own life too! :) It's super easy and quick to do! Plus you get new revelations each time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!