Pages

Feb 11, 2010

All you need is LOVE... AMAZING love that is!

(I was asked to do the devotional at a local place we go to volunteer once a month. So of course being VALENTINE'S was in 4 days, I chose to do my lesson on LOVE! I also decided to share it here as well, since I got so many interesting comments and encouraging words from others who heard it! Praise and glory be to God - I am just an obedient vessel! Words in [square brackets] are words spoken that night. I tried to re-write in some cases, so it would make sense for the reader. Here it is...)

So it is the MONTH of FEBRUARY… the month of LOVE!



Did you know that most people believe VALENTINE’S DAY started with St. Valentine at the time of the Roman Empire? However, I know that the first VALENTINE sent was sent long before that first celebration on February 14th? God is LOVE, and LOVE is for all. God sent us His Son as an action of His love. He sent Him for ALL of us.


[I have given you all little] VALENTINE cards, with the infamous JOHN 3:16 Scripture on it. As you can see, using the words of the Scripture, God sent us His own VALENTINE. Jesus was sent as a gift to show God’s love. I would like us all to read it together. (Here is a copy of God's VALENTINE.)


Most people think love is a NOUN today; something that you can fall in and out of; something that involves playing with someone’s heart until you most likely get it broken. But GOD created love to be a VERB, not a NOUN. He intended that it be an active part of our lives. Loving someone requires some action on our parts. Real love is not something you can fall in or out of. Real love is shown in daily actions.

Love is not just something between a couple (dating or married). Love should be seen and heard throughout the world everyday with everyone. [We would not be here, and the ARK would not be here if we didn’t LOVE you.] (For devotional readers, this devotional blog would not be here if I did not love you and want you to come to know the Father).


Now some of you are thinking, (because we all think it) “but I am not worthy enough, no one will love me. I am not handsome enough, or beautiful enough, or rich enough, or smart enough. Some of you are even thinking, but what about my past, if they only knew all the things that you have done, etc… then you wouldn’t be able to be loved, let alone be able to love others. (and you think that I wouldn't love you or God wouldn't love you.)


Well I am here to tell you different… WE love, because HE first loved us. HIS love is unconditional, which means that He loves you ANYWAY. There is a saying, BEAUTY is all in the EYE of the BEHOLDER, and Jesus is telling you, and we are telling you, “if you could see what I see”. If WE want to be truly called His followers, then we must learn to love as He loves. We must be REAL! That takes a lot, I know it. I pray daily that God will help me love others as He loves me.

Usually these verses I am going to [read] (give) to you are heard at weddings, however, God wants you to know His love, and that it is REAL. He loves you no matter who you are, what your background, race, sex or lot in life is. He loves you for you. That is why He made you, so He could love you, and you could love Him in return. He tells us all about His kind of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. endures through every circumstance. Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!” Another translation says, LOVE NEVER FAILS.

This is REAL love. Taken from the words of a song I know, When all else around you comes crashing in, and you feel like you are surrounded. What’s actually surrounding you is God’s love.


"When the walls are closing in, the enemy is back again. Heat comin' from all sides like you are surrounded. You can't believe everything you feel. Treasure what you know is real, cause, if you could see from up above, what's got you surrounded is love!" ~ Geoff Moore



Now can you think of all kinds of songs with the word LOVE in it from the world’s point of view… there are lots?
• Love, it makes the world go round


• Love will keep us together


• Love Me tender


• Love Love Me Do, You Know I Love You


• All you need is Love


• Love Hurts


• Do You Love Me?


• … and many many more.


What kind of LOVE is this? Pretty superficial to me…


But ONE SONG that I know, and that I love to SING is called AMAZING LOVE. Just let the words of the song sink into your heart and your spirit, and allow your heart to be opened once again to know what it means to be loved!

Since I cannot sing it here, I chose to have one of my FAVOURITE groups the NEWSBOYS sing it for you...


AMAZING LOVE HOW CAN IT BE, THAT YOU MY KING WOULD DIE FOR ME? To experience this REAL love, you have to first come to know the One that gives this LOVE. This VALENTINE’S DAY, ensure you are in the BEST RELATIONSHIP that this life has to offer. The one between a FATHER and His Child. The one between a BRIDEGROOM and His BRIDE. Some of you may have really bad earthly relationships with your dads, or with spouses, and other family members, but God is so much more.


Here is a cool VALENTINE POEM I found on the internet tonight, wish I had it last night when I spoke!
 
God’s Valentine Gift



God’s Valentine gift of love to us

Was not a bunch of flowers;

It wasn’t candy, or a book

To while away the hours.



His gift was to become a man,

So He could freely give

is sacrificial love for us,

o you and I could live.



He gave us sweet salvation, and

Instruction, good and true--

To love our friends and enemies

And love our Savior, too.



So as we give our Valentines,

Let’s thank our Lord and King;

The reason we have love to give

Is that He gave everything.

By Joanna Fuchs

Prayer:  God I thank You so much for all that You have done for us. You know us inside and out, You know our hearts, and deeds and love us anyway. I thank You for Your unconditional love. I thank You for Your example that You brought us to the world, in Your Son Jesus. His life was a life of human, without sin. Help us accept Your love even though we certainly don't deserve it. Your amazing love, that comes along with Your amazing mercy and grace too. Granting us that which we don't deserve (Your love), and not giving us what we do deserve which is death. God I pray this NEW and fresh prayer tonight for all those who are reading this blog, or even those who may have popped on and just skimmed, or even just read the first part and clicked away to another site in anger or frustration. Help them come to know you in a NEW and FRESH way. I pray that this VALENTINE'S DAY, we will truly seek after the RELATIONSHIP with You. Some of us for the FIRST time, and others who need to RENEW our hearts back to our FIRST LOVE which is You! It's not about RELIGION, it's all about the RELATIONSHIP! Thank You God that we may have a relationship with You and Your Son. Thank You also for Holy Spirit which we can have with us everyday to lead, guide and direct us in all that we think, do and say. Lord, just bless us and fill us with Your love that we may learn to love others like You love us. Help us look passed all the faults that we see on the exterior and help us to love and encourage that which is on the inside, which You are making beautiful in Your image! In Jesus' precious name I pray all this, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search GOD'S WORD for yourself... GET IN THA' WORD!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Click to HEAR the message today...

Christian Quotes

Get out there and DANCE...

Dancing in the Rain
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

It's the MOST WONDERFUL time of the YEAR... Celebrating Jesus' birth!